insta twitterrss2
Multi-language Web site on current affairs in the biggest russian region
logo

Nezhdaninskoye Mine’s Mineral Reserves Are Estimated to Be at 2 Million Ounces of Gold

  • Published in Economy
gold
Capital investments in the mine are estimated at 249 million dollars.

According to the international standards Nezhdaninskoye Mine’s reserves for opencast mining are estimated at 15.5 million tons containing 2 million ounces of gold equivalent. The average content of gold is 4 grams per ton.

The company expects that mine production on Nezhdaninskoye should be making 150 thousand ounces of gold a year.

The Nezhdaninskoye Mine is situated on Tomponskiy district in the northeast of Yakutia. It is considered to be the fourth biggest gold mine in Russia.

The license for field development is owned by The Polymetal and Highland Gold joint venture of Roman Abramovich. Polymetal’s share in Nezhdaninskoye Mine is estimated at 24.7% with buyout option of the remaining 75.3%.