insta twitterrss2
Multi-language Web site on current affairs in the biggest russian region
logo

Yakutia will switch to digital broadcasting on June 3 next year

  • Published in Society
shutterstock 262337201 696x392

The Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation reported on the approval of a plan for the phased disconnection of analog broadcasting of mandatory publicly available TV and radio channels in the subjects of the Russian Federation.

In Yakutia, the full transition of federal channels to digital broadcasting is scheduled for June 3 of next year, the official website of the Ministry of Innovation, Digital Development and Infocommunication Technologies of Yakutia reports.

For the most comfortable transition of Russian citizens to digital television, the government commission on the development of television and radio broadcasting approved the dates for the cessation of analogue broadcasting of mandatory publicly available television channels. From January to June 2019 (February 11, April 15 and June 3), the broadcast of analog TV channels will be switched to the broadcast of the information screen about the transition of the region to digital television. The information screen will be aired during the week, after which the transmitter will be turned off.

Today in Yakutia, digital broadcasting of two multiplexes is carried out in the cities of Yakutsk, Mirny, Tiksi and Neryungri. On November 30 Yakutia began test broadcast of the second multiplex in Aldan, Kobyai, Neryungri, Ust-Maya and Khangalass districts. Until the end of 2018, all residents of the republic living in the coverage area of digital terrestrial broadcasting will be able to receive 20 terrestrial television channels in digital quality free of charge. Thus, the problem of unequal access of the urban and rural residents to the mass media will be addressed.

Yakutia has 211 digital stations built and operating. During the year, they provide a digital signal to more than 95% of the inhabitants of the region. The remaining 5% of residents can connect to the free package of TV channels provided by satellite operators - Orion (Telecard trademark) and NTV-PLUS.

http://ysia.ru
Tagged under digital TV